Maeve
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence cosmic fugue galaxies, culture tingling of the spine, courage of our questions.

5 Style Tips | Buy Less, Chose Well



Limit your spending is one of the most important factors in creating a minimalistic/capsule wardrobe. This is something I am wandering about lately. I've seen VivianaDoesMakeup videos and I'm all in this capsule wardrobe thing! Seems to be really functional and time saving, plus you can mix and match basically everything still staying on trend. So here are 5 tested ways to save money on cloth shopping, making your wallet and yourself a lot happier!

UNSUBSCRIBE EMAILS
First thing first unsubscribe to your online stores newsletters. Every time I open up my inbox, pop up dozens of emails from Asos and New Look featuring sales and promotions! Out of sight out of mind. Seems like whenever I get a discount or a 50% off, I have to buy something! The answer is NO! 

PAY IN CASH
Obviously this does not apply to online stores but when it is possible, pay in cash. Seeing in reality how much money you actually spending, give you a general view of your finances. Planning a monthly budget really helps me. Settle down what I'm going to buy and how much I want to spend, make things more easy to control!

MAKE A TRUE LIST
Write down things always helps a lot. Going through your wardrobe and decide what you truly need to buy. My advice is to get something that could be styled in at least 3 different ways. Switch and mix up things allows you to create multiple outfits. In this way you don't need to buy so many clothes.

24 HOUR RULE
This one is my favorite and I can assure you that works for real! I was wandering around H&M while ago and I saw this high neck royal blue jumper. I try it on and I quite like it, but there was something that not convinced me to buy it. So I decide to thinking about it for a day or two and then see what happens. A few days next I went there again, I tried it and I realize I don't needed it! Well I saved 30€! And I was so happy! Ahahah

BE PICKY
Rather than grabbing everything that cross my mind, I try to control myself and the instinctive impulse to buy the entire store! I focus on my list and on the purpose of the day. Shop what you need!


Let me know what you think! 
Do you have any other tricks to suggest?

x federica


image credit via Pinterest

Commenti

  1. Def trying to save up thihs year. These are some really good tips.

    -Mel
    goldrusssh.blogspot.com

    RispondiElimina
  2. Being picky is hard but is so worth it in the long run!

    xoxo,
    http://petitemaisonoffashion.blogspot.com/ ♥

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. I totally agree with you, at the end it is so worth it!! xx

      Elimina
  3. The emails I get from online stores are so annoying and tempting! x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness x

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. That's right! I just receive 30 mails per day!? I don't even have the time to open and read all of that stuff!

      Elimina
  4. Great tips! You're so right about paying in cash - these days with cards a tap and go it's hard to keep track of what you actually have in your account. Paying cash makes the money you're spending 'real' instead of just a number. :-)

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. Totally agree with you! I suddenly realized how much money I was waisting in things I didn't need. It's better to save for a good trip!

      Elimina
  5. Really great tips that I need to remember!! I really need to unsubscribe from emails, they always tempt me ahaha! Also never thought of having something you can style in 3 different ways, thats such a good idea! That will help me next time I want to impulse buy hahah XX

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. I think that it could be cool to have 2 or 3 pieces of clothing so versatile to use in different style/occasions! Xx

      Elimina
  6. This is a good post for help girls like us :)
    Good work!

    DadieB. ~
    dadiebradshaw.altervista.org

    RispondiElimina

Posta un commento

Modulo di contatto